Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

So last night in Lexington, we had a little snow turned to ice storm! I LOVE LOVE snow, but ice.... NO THANK YOU! We were supposed to get 2-4" of snow and 0.25" of ice, but woke up to only about 1" of snow and 0.25" of ice. It was still enough to throw the city of Lexington into a whirlwind this morning!

 I dont mind the ice like this! I think it makes the ugly bare branches actually look pretty!
Even the horse farms look pretty with the white snow. I LOVE babysitting on the farm when it snows because you just see a big white open area with horses everywhere!
What I do NOT enjoy is using this little ice scraper to scrape the sheet of ice of my car!!! 

Thankfully, we had a snow day today so I didn't have to wake up early and deal with the mess outside! In fact, I lounged around all day today. I didn't even get out of bed until noon, ha! It was the best snow/lazy day ever and exactly what I needed!!!

The news keeps saying this is just the beginning of what the weather is going to be like this year. It's not technically winter yet, either! I can only imagine how many more snow and lazy days will come in January and February.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment