Monday, February 28, 2011

It's just been one of those days....

It has NOT been my day today......


(It's Read Across America week at school - I'll relate my post to an old childhood favorite!!)

Of course it started off with an INTENSE thunderstorm this morning around 5:15 am. I love rain when I'm sleeping, but I hate thunder. Hate, hate, hate. And the lightening was so bright! Ugh, what a way to start off Monday morning.... 


Work was all kinds of crazy today. I'm sure the kids were all off because of the tornado sirens that started going off at 5:00 am this morning. 2:35 could not come soon enough!!!

All I could think about all day was if Perry was scared of the thunderstorms. We moved his crate into the hallway so that A) the rain wouldn't be as loud as by the door and B) just IN CASE there was a tornado he wouldn't be by any windows or doors. Yes, you can call me the crazy dog lady, ha!

Perry has been a GREAT puppy. We took him to Ben's parents over the weekend and we were in the car for 4 1/2 hours yesterday and Perry did great. Just chewed his bones and slept all day. We have been so lucky so have such a calm and relaxed dog. 

Until tonight.....

I was getting some work papers organized into a binder and went to get on my laptop and noticed a little something... 

Perry got a hold of my charger. And he was laying RIGHT NEXT TO BEN chewing it. Nice....

It's plugged in now but the lights not on. Or it stays on even when you unplug it. After being plugged in for a few minutes it will say its charging. Guess we will see what happens.


Little guy is sleeping by the door now. I think he knows his mama is a little upset right now. Poor puppy :(

AND, not to mention that my check engine light came on. In my 7 month old car.... SERIOUSLY?!? They said it was most likely just the light malfunction, but to drop it off tonight so they could look at it and make sure everything's ok. So I'm without a car for tomorrow. Awesome... 

I'm ready for this day to be over. Let's just hope tomorrow will be better!! It's a new month AND almost SPRING!!!

I'm off to go cuddle with Perry so he knows I'm not mad at him forever... Little guy can frustrate me but I still love him :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the book reference! It pretty much describes my day too...I think it has to do with the weather. Poor Perry, he just wants spring to be here as much as the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you had a bad day! I hope tomorrow is much better!

    P.S. Is your puppy a goldendoodle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was JUST discussing with a friend that they must put something delicious in those cords because everybody I know with a dog, good or bad, has had them chew on them! Hope you are having a better week!

    ReplyDelete