Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sad UK Sports Weekend

This Saturday was a jammed packed schedule for the Big Blue Nation. Unfortunately it wasn't the outcome we were hoping for from either sport.... 

Saturday afternoon the UK football team traveled down to Birmingham, Alabama for the BBVA Compass bowl game.
I considered going down to this game because I've always wanted to go to Alabama, but it would have been too hard to travel Friday after my first week of teaching. And the boyfriend had to travel to Canada for business on Sunday. So that was a no-go on the bowl game trip. Sad :(

I'm thankful that we didn't end up going to the game after the final outcome. We did not play well, and I hate admitting it, but I think we needed Mr. Mike Hartline on the field for one last game. Hopefully Joker had a good 1st year learning experience, and UK football will be even better next fall!!



After the football loss, we changed the channel to watch the basketball game against Georgia. The first half wasn't bad and I thought we would be able to pull out a win. But once again, no such luck. Josh Harrellson, "Jorts," is still my favorite bball player this year, ha! (I think it's mostly bc of his ridiculous nickname!)

(via http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com)

It was not a good weekend for UK sports fans!! Oh well, moving on to the big game this week, the National Championship! Of course, I will be cheering for the SEC team!

WAR EAGLE!

Tomorrow night, my friend is having some people over to watch the game. Hate that it's a late game, BUT we have a snow storm coming tomorrow, so I'm thinking (and hoping) we will have a snow day on Tuesday!! For now, I will be following KY Weather Center  and my favorite, Bill Meck at LEX 18 hourly to track the upcoming storm! 

Hope everyone as a good workweek!!

(all images via google unless otherwise cited)

No comments:

Post a Comment